The school council is made up of two children from each class from Year 2 to Year 6. The members are elected by the class at the start of the year. Meetings are held at least once a term and more often when they are working on a project. Members are given a badge to wear so they can be identified.
- The school council have an important role in school as they are able to ensure that pupils at Walton Holymoorside have a voice.
- They contribute ideas for improving the environment or ethos.
- The School Council help to organise events in school, for example, Red Nose Day or Children in Need.
- They may lead assemblies or take a lead role in concerts.
- They represent the school in important meetings for example, with the Local Authority or during Ofsted inspections.
- They bring ideas and suggestions to meetings from their class and can raise issues or concerns.