Privacy Notice – Data Protection Act 1998 (to be updated by 25th May 2018)
Walton Holymoorside Primary & Nursery School is the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act and the GDPR. We collect and hold personal information relating to our pupils, and may receive information about them from their previous school, Local Authority and/or the Department for Education (DfE).
The information we collect, hold and share includes:
• Personal information, name unique pupil number and contact details;
• Characteristics, such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth and free school meal eligibility.
• Information relating to any disability, special educational need and/or relevant medical information.
• National Curriculum Assessment Results;
• Attendance information;
• Any exclusion information;
• Where pupils go to after they leave;
We hold this personal data as it is in the public interest to do so, and use it to:
• Support our pupils’ learning;
• Monitor and report on pupil progress;
• Provide appropriate pastoral care,
• Assess the quality of our services.
• Comply with the law on computer sharing data
We will not give information about our pupils to anyone without your consent unless the law requires us to or our policies allow us to do so.
If you want to see a copy of the information we hold about your child(ren) then please contact Ms G Hills on (01246) 566502 or email email@example.com.
We are required by law to pass some of your information to the Local Authority (LA), and the Department for Education (DfE).
The DfE may also share pupil level personal data that we supply to them, with third parties. This will only take place where legislation allows it to do so and it is in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Decisions on whether DfE releases this personal data to third parties are subject to a robust approval process and are based on a detailed assessment of who is requesting the data, the purpose for which it is required, the level and sensitivity of data requested and the arrangements in place to store and handle the data. To be granted access to pupil level data, requestors must comply with strict terms and conditions covering the confidentiality and handling of data, security arrangements and retention and use of the data.
If you require more information about how the LA and/or DfE store and use this data please go to the following websites:
Reviewed 13th February 2018